portland walking tour
Spring is in the air and there are many great events this March in Portland including Easter & St Patrick’s events, concerts, festivals, theater, and much more! You can find updates on PDX Pipeline’s March events calendar here.
Related Events & Info:
- UPDATES: PDX Pipeline’s Portland March Events Calendar & Giveaways
- SEATTLE: Seattle Pipeline’s March Events Calendar
- San Francisco: San Francisco Pipeline’s March Events Calendar
2016 Portland March Events:
July 4th weekend is nearly here and there are many Portland July 4th weekend events including parties, dinners, shows, etc. In 2015, July 4th falls on Saturday, so there will be parties all weekend!
FREE PORTLAND: We give out 100s of $$$ in free tickets every week including to many of the top events in Portland. Join our newsletter if you like free stuff
Related Events & Info:
- Updates: PDX Pipeline’s July 4th Calendar of Events
- Calendar: Our July Events Calendar & Ticket Giveaways
- Visit Oregon: July 4th Celebrations In The Gorge, Oregon Coast, Willamette Valley, Bend
- Seattle: Seattle Pipeline’s for July 4th Events Calendar
- San Francisco: San Francisco Pipeline’s July 4th Calendar
- San Diego: San Diego Pipeline’s July 4th Calendar
Portland-Metro July 4th Weekend Events & Info:
[East Portland Waterfront 1898]
As a nexus for labor and shipping in the Pacific Northwest, Portland often had the repute of a rugged, rough and tumble town, more than willing to allow the miners, loggers, and fishermen an opportunity to part with their hard earned cash in whatever debaucherous manner they chose.
In addition to the shanghaiers and con men, always on the prowl, saloons, gambling halls and bordellos also thrived in “Whitechapel,” “The North End,” or Old Town, as we know it today. Some of these storied establishments have come and gone, but others have survived, and many say that Portland, or “Strip City,” still has that vulgar and rugged reputation to this day.
Join Historian Doug Kenck-Crispin as we visit locations of famous saloons, bars and bordellos, card rooms and gambling dens, some of which are still in operation today! The tour will meet at Thirsty Lion Pub. Feel free to stop by early for a pint and grub! The tour will “end” outside of Mary’s Club, one of Portland’s most hallowed strip clubs*. At the conclusion of the tour, you can join Doug inside for an adult beverage!